A job interview is very important to your future career. An interview is the gateway to your new job. The employer is given a first and only impression of you with an interview so, it needs to count. A bad interview can cost you the job you have been dreaming about. Doing your research can help you avoid costly interview mistakes. You can stop yourself from making these common mistakes by following the tips below.
7 Mistakes You Can Avoid During Your Interview
1. What you don’t say can be as important as what you do say. Your non-verbal skills need to be as excellent as your verbal skills. Slouching in your chair can give a bad impression. If you are always looking at the ground while you are talking this is another mistake. Employers want to know you are confident in yourself. Make eye contact with your interviewer and sit up straight.
2. Dressing inappropriately is another common mistake. Many people go too casual with their apparel, which is a big mistake. This is your first impression, dress professionally to make it a good one.
4. Not talking enough or talking too much are serious mistakes. You need to prepare your answers ahead of time to prevent this mistake. Talking too little can make it hard for the interviewer to really get to know you. If you talk too much it will seem like you are rambling.
5. Not asking questions is a mistake. Usually toward the end of the interview you will be asked if you have any questions. Chances are you will say no, but that is the wrong answer. Asking questions will show your interest in the company.
6. Begging, I feel like this is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. No one wants to hire someone that is overly desperate. It will also make your interviewer uncomfortable. Everyone needs a job but your qualifications should get you the job not your desperation.
7. Using inappropriate language during the interview. Using slang terms during the interview will make you look unprofessional. If you can’t be professional during an interview employers will think you can’t do your job professionally.
Need a job? Be sure your resume is the best it can be. Choose which resume writer works the best for you and your situation. Do it today at http://www.ResumeLines.com