A resume cover letter is an important part of one’s job application. It is the responsibility of the job applicant to carefully craft a resume and cover letter that conveys a positive message to the hiring manager concerning the qualification, experience and skills of the job applicant.
One of the main reasons for writing a cover letter is that it should compel the hiring manager to call the job applicant for an interview and move things forward. In a way, it is a brief “sales letter” wherein the job applicant describes his eligibility for the job available.
In this article we focus on how to conclude a resume cover letter? Here are a few examples to consider:
Possible last paragraph sentences:
* I look forward to the opportunity for an interview soon.
* I look forward to speaking with you about this job opportunity.
* I look forward to an interview and hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.
* I am available for a personal interview at your convenience.
* I hope to schedule a personal interview at a mutually convenient time.
* You may kindly contact me on my phone number 900-000-0000 or email me at emailaddress (at) emailprovider.com
* Kindly review the enclosed resume and consider my application for the job.
* It would be an honor to work for your company.
* I will contact you next week to know the status of my application.
* Thank you for your time and consideration.
* Thank you for your consideration.
Sample closing words just before signature:
* Regards, Best Regards, Yours Faithfully, Yours Truly, Sincerely, Yours Sincerely.
Signature related tips:
* Below the closing words type job applicant’s name and leave sufficient space for a signature above it.
* While sending the cover letter via regular mail sign with a blue ink pen, if sending via fax sign with a black ink pen and when emailing it type your full name.
* One can add “Enclosure or Enclosures” to the cover letter, usually it is the resume. For example: Enclosure: Resume
* Other enclosures could include: Copy of work experience certificate, copy of reference letters etc.
The above mentioned cover letter format points are a must read for every job applicant.
To enhance your knowledge about proper format, visit http://CoverLetterFormat.org, the site also includes a collection of free sample letters.
- How to Write an Effective Cover Letter (vickandassociates.com)
- How Important is the Cover Letter to a Human Resources Professional? (vickandassociates.com)