With no mal-intentions towards such websites, this list has been prepared especially for you that will help you get into the details of getting a job on the popular sites.
One note of caution though – these rankings are extremely volatile and fluctuating. This list has been prepared on the basis of their success rate since their inception. The newer sites have been rated accordingly, using the success rate. Also, one important parameter undermines these rankings – number of actual users. There are in fact, more fake users than anyone could believe; more the number of fake users on them, lower the ranking and henceforth.
1. Monster: Over the years, this site has been expanding its operations throughout the world and is also one of the most popular job sites, even in the developing economies. As the name suggests, Monster has a database expanding into millions! It is increasingly making its website presence felt all over the world. No wonder, the Monster has morphed into a mammoth job site which is a favorite amongst the recruiters as well.
2. Job: The very domain name of it was one of the reasons that this site gained prominent reception. It was the domain name which catapulted it into a different league altogether. Slowly after its inception years, the site became a force to reckon with on the global online job search market. The slow but steady gain helped its cause and today it is one of the leaders in job search. It is one of the most popular job search sites in the US, though it is yet to make its presence felt in other parts of the world.
3. Yahoo Hotjobs: Yahoo gains an upper hand over Google in the job search market owing to its dedicated jobs search database. One good thing about the site is that it has an ‘intelligent’ algorithm which attempts to scan out the best resumes of the ones which are posted on the site.
4. Net-Temps: This site also provides the option of part or full-time jobs and is a major job hunting ground for the fresher as well!
5. Indeed: The interface is quite simple and like Google. The site is easy to understand and heavily relies on the power of search and keywords.
6. CareerBuilder: The site is one of the few job search sites that also provide tips to improve one’s prospects of getting a job.
7. JobFox: It is a cleverly designed site which acts as a major database to other major job search sites.
8. SimplyHired: The job listings might be lesser but is one of the few sites that seriously attempt to collect the best jobs currently doing the rounds!
9. USAJobs: It is a true US based site and has recently broken into the top 10 chart!
10. CollegeRecruiter: It is a network that is rapidly expanding its base today. What started out as an ideal platform or college students to get jobs, branched out for other experienced job seekers as well.
To learn about more job and career tips and to gain access to a job search website containing thousands of job listings, please visit http://www.hound.com/gjbrowsejobs.php. Silas Reed, Writer for Hound, writes articles that inform and teach about different job profiles and career advice.