As you probably already know recruiters usually have the best jobs in the market, the ones that are not posted. The ones only the recruiter can get because of his or her relationship with the client.
A good recruiter can be worth more than GOLD to a client company. Most CEO’s will tell you they are only as good as their people. Ever get frustrated with recruiters not calling you back or following up after you have submitted your resume? Want to get noticed?
The facts are that recruiters are commission driven and they work on what they think can close fast. It’s just the nature of the business; if recruiters don’t get people hired then they don’t eat. Sure some companies pay base salary’s but that is for rent not food.
If you want to get the attention and get noticed then you haft to be willing to help the process along.
1. Tailor your resume to fit the jobs you are applying for, make sure not to embellish your skills or experience but do highlight those things that are relevant to the job you are seeking.
2. Be a squeaky wheel but not annoying. Supply reference and recommendation letters without being asked.
3. Create a capabilities statement (sell yourself).
4. Give the recruiter a list of companies that you would like to work for or at least the type of companies that have the job you seek.
Recruiters are well connected and you might trigger a past contact by mentioning the company. The more information you supply the better, the recruiters may have the client contacts but you have the knowledge and skill set.
5. Bottom line: make the recruiters want to represent you. Recruiters want someone who can get the job and will not waste their time on candidates that don’t have their act together; most of them will tell you if they don’t have anything that fits your background.
These are just 5 tips you can use when working with recruiters. If you would like to speak with one of our recruiters please contact us.
Avery Partners provides affordable knowledge and expertise in the IT, Finance / Accounting, and Healthcare sectors. Services include: Project Management, Human Capital Outsourcing, Management Consulting, and Staff Augmentation. The company has national capabilities and currently operates in over 20 states. We can reduce costs, eliminate hassles, increase service levels, and add value to each function we touch. We have a proven process of best practices for consulting and outsourcing opportunities. Avery Partners provides a unique business model that delivers your company and project the specific industry veterans at a lower cost – representing a much higher value.