There are a wide range of strategies that a person can deploy in order to attract executive search firms, too many to mention in fact! Well, it’s always good to start from somewhere, isn’t it? It can be hard at times to attract the attention of executive search firms, but even if you know a few important ways to attract these firms, you are more than likely to have a huge advantage over others, which is always a bonus. One point that I probably should mention before I start on the 4 key strategies is that nowadays more than 8 out of 10 available jobs in this sector do not get filled by using standard recruiters so it is essential to know how to attract executive search firms. Here are 4 key points to remember:
1) Use the Internet – If you use the internet in a smart way, you may be surprised with how much you can actually do on it, apart from the normal day-to-day types of things like getting the latest news on the go. To put it simply, if you have a professional online presence you will become a more attractive proposition to the firm. It is important to note that if you are not currently using the internet in this way that you should not submit your personal information to every website but only use established sites (one of the most popular for business networking is LinkedIn) that you can trust with your information. So, stand out from the crowd if you can.
2) Always Answer Calls etc – Let’s face it, if the firm calls you on a Monday and you don’t get back to them until the following week (or not at all! )#), it is not going to make you look very good. It is perfectly fine to miss a call every now and again, we all do it, but try your very best to not miss a call. It could be extremely important. But even if you do miss a call, don’t be afraid to give them a call back, it could make you look even better than what they first thought from looking at your CV.
3) Do Not Give Up – You will never get noticed if you give up early in life. You should always keep going in the hope that eventually it will be your lucky day. We have all been in positions where it feels as if you’re wasting your time on attracting executive search firms, but just about everyone in this sector has gone through this experience at some stage in their career.
4) Contact Old Employers – I don’t think anyone likes contacting a person or company that they have not dealt with in a number of years, or even decades. The only problem is that this must be done in order to make yourself look better. The chances are that if you got on well with them in the past, they will have no difficulty with helping you out in your plan to attract executive search firms.
As you can see, these are all pretty basic ways of doing what you want to do, but each step will really help you in the future. Executive search
- How to Create a Job Search Elevator Pitch (boomersnextstep.com)
- Instant Job Hunt Success Tips and Proven Strategies for LinkedIn (vickandassociates.com)
- Tips For Writing Persuasive Cover Letters (boomersnextstep.com)